Venue: Meeting Space, Block 1, Floor 2, County Hall
Contact: Lesley Bennett
Note: Guidance for Public Attendance at meetings The meeting venue requires access to the normal workplace, so the public are asked to wear face coverings and ensure good hand hygiene. Arrangements are in place to reserve the required number of seats for meeting participants. Members of the public must contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they wish to attend a meeting in person and should specify which meeting. Members of the public are only allowed entry on a first come basis where capacity allows. Any member of the press or public may view the proceedings of this meeting live on our YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/NorthumberlandTV Signage will be posted once the room capacity has been reached. Standard Covid secure controls are in place to book in, ensure hand hygiene, ventilate the meeting space and ensure people comply with agreed meeting protocols.
MEMBERSHIP AND TERMS OF REFERENCE
To note the following membership and terms of reference:-
Chair: B. Flux
Vice Chair: G. Syers
NCC Business Chair
Portfolio Holder Adult wellbeing and health
Portfolio Holder Children’s Services
Portfolio Holder Healthy Lives
Executive Director Children’s Services and Education
Executive Director of Commercial, Economy and Regeneration
Director of Public Health
NHS Northumberland CCG (x2 representatives)
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (x1 rep)
Northumberland Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust (x1 rep)
Newcastle Upon Tyne NHS Foundation Trust (x1 rep)
North East Ambulance Service (to be invited) (x1 rep)
NHS England (x1 rep)
Voluntary Community and Social Enterprise Organisations (x1 rep)
Healthwatch (x1 rep)
Local Medical Committee (x1 rep)
Local Pharmaceutical Committee (x1 rep)
Children’s and Adults Safeguarding Board (x1 rep)
Harrogate & District NHS Foundation Trust (x1 rep)
Terms of reference.
(1) To encourage all health and care organisations which operate within Northumberland to work together in an integrated manner.
(2) To provide all appropriate advice, assistance and support to encourage the development of formal partnership arrangements between social care and health services, making use of the powers provided by Section 75 of the NHS Act 2006.
(3) To produce and maintain the Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA) for Northumberland, covering all needs which either fall within the responsibilities of health commissioners, but could alternatively be met or significantly affected by local authority functions or vice versa.
(4) To produce a joint health and wellbeing strategy (JHWS) for Northumberland, on behalf of the Council and NHS Northumberland Clinical Commissioning Group.
(5) To ensure that Healthwatch Northumberland and the people who live and work in Northumberland are involved in the production of the JSNA and the JHWS.
(6) To maintain and update Northumberland’s Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment.
(7) To respond to any pharmacy contract consolidation request submitted to NHS England within the statutory timeframe.
Development and Improvement Functions
(9) To improve democratic accountability for health and wellbeing decision making.
(10) To provide a focus for Health and Wellbeing Board partners and total public sector commitment to improving population wellbeing and health outcomes.
(11) To ensure that communities and service users are involved in determining needs and in designing, developing and delivering services.
(12) To monitor and report progress within the priorities identified within the JHWS and to hold partners to account including the ICS, ICP and System Transformation Board. This may be done through Joint Health and Wellbeing Boards across the ICP footprint.
(13) To advise all partners and stakeholders on steps that they could take to reduce health inequalities within Northumberland and between Northumberland and England as a whole
(14) To promote broader integration and partnership working between the NHS, LA, other public sector organisations and the VCSE.
(15) Any other functions that may be delegated ... view the full agenda text for item 1.
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Minutes of the meetings of the Health and Wellbeing Board held on Thursday, 14 April 2022 as circulated, to be confirmed as a true record and signed by the Chair.
DISCLOSURES OF INTEREST
Unless already entered in the Council’s Register of Members’ interests, members are required to disclose any personal interest, (which includes any disclosable pecuniary interest), they may have in any of the items included on the agenda for the meeting in accordance with the Code of Conduct adopted by the Council on 4 July 2012, and are reminded that if they have any personal interests of a prejudicial nature (as defined under paragraph 17 of the Code of Conduct) they must not participate in any discussion or vote on the matter and must leave the room.
NB Any member needing clarification must contact email@example.com. Please refer to the guidance on disclosures at the rear of this agenda letter.
LIVING WITH COVID
To receive a verbal update by Liz Morgan,
To receive the draft Pharmacy Needs Assessment (PNA) prior to it going out to formal consultation.
To receive a report updating Members on progress against the Northumberland Oral Health Strategy 2019 – 2022 and to propose an extension to the strategy period.
To receive an overview of the progress to date to address health inequalities in Northumberland and to set out intentions for 2022/23. The report will be presented by Siobhan Brown and Alan Bell of Northumberland CCG.
To note/discuss details of forthcoming agenda items at future meetings; the latest version is enclosed.
URGENT BUSINESS (IF ANY)
To consider such other business as, in the opinion of the Chair, should, by reason of special circumstances, be considered as a matter of urgency.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be held on Thursday, 9 June 2022, at 10.00 a.m. at County Hall, Morpeth.